"When life gives you scraps......Make Quilts"

Saturday, August 21, 2010


Hi everyone,
I have been away from my blog for a few days but I am back.......
I hope that everyone is doing well...
I have started to read a book that was given to me by my special friend Cheryl from Illinois...
"HIDDEN IN PLAIN VIEW" - A secret story of quilts and the underground railroad....
by Jacqueline L. Tobin and Raymond G. Dobard, Ph.D
I have just started to get into this book and it is just so interesting....
Hidden in Plain View tells the fascinating story of a friendship, a lost tradition and an incredible discovy, explaning for the first time how enslaved men and women encoded messages within quilt patterns that helped fugitives navigate their escape along the Underground Railroad....
I will let you know how I enjoy this book - but if the first few pages are any indication -
I am going to love this one......
Wishing everyone a great Saturday evening..and a wonderful weekend!
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment