"When life gives you scraps......Make Quilts"

Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Applique/Pieced combo.....




This quilt I call my SUNFLOWER quilt - of course we all recognize the coneflower motifs..but I decided to make my own renditions - add some colors that were a bit more earthy and Voila...for me my SUNFLOWER quilt :-)



This is the quilt where I tried machine applique for the first time and loved it......For this quilt, I make the center panel and then worked with that and auditioned fabrics that I felt would show off the colors and make the flowers pop.



I did hand stippling over all of the center panel - the borders are all machine quilted.....



This one was especially a lot of fun to do!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bill, I have been following your quilts for the past while and man, you are an artist in quilt making! They are awesome and I want to encourage you to keep on doing what you have such a passion to do! What a talent or gift - maybe they both mean the same but whatever it is, it is God-given and keep on enjoying it because I am enjoying following you. All the best and I will keep watching your blog for new pics and updates. Take care and enjoy the rest of the summer!!! Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth,
    Thanks so much for dropping in and for your very king message - which has inspired me even more today to create and have fun....
    Thanks for being a part of my blog....
    Hugs,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete